Thursday, February 24, 2011

Piano Song No. 2 in E Minor (#7)







I'll post the sheet music for this one later.
I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's rather repetitive and not varied at all.
I'll write more later. I must go.
Isaac
-----------------------------

So all this is is really just experimentation. I really want to get better as a pianist, and there's really nowhere to go but up, so I'm just trying my hands at it I suppose.
Did you like that lame cut I did in the middle of the video? I seriously cannot get that transition. It's too much for my brain. I'll get it though. I swears!

Anyway, as sad as it sounds, I'm still having a hard time with letting go of trying to get people to like me because I'm a musician. I think the exploitation of art might be my biggest sin. I want to be in art for myself and to fulfill my ends, and I get so caught up in wanting people to see me as a musician, and it's not really about the art anymore. It's a big struggle for me. I'm not sure if being aware of it makes it better or worse.
 I'm starting to come to terms with it a little more, though, simply because I'm starting to see all my shortcomings as a musician. If I follow this path for too long, the path of showing myself off, I'd end up having to compare myself with other musicians. That would be fatal. Every other musician I know and listen to are above me. Way far above me. If I were to start taking pride in my strides in music, my self worth would start to be determined by how good I am. Then, if I were to find an artist better than me (I can already name at least 100), my identity would be crushed. I would be crushed. Destroyed.

Anyway, I just thought I'd get this out there. I know this piano piece is nothing compared to everything else you've ever heard in your life. It's not really about that for me, I guess. It's mine, and I wrote it out all on staff. That was the real project behind all of this. I'll post pictures of the staff once I'm done with it. It has lots of flaws.... Anyway.
Thanks for reading
Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment